Eugene's Downtown Initiative for the Visual Arts (DIVA) announces its tenth annual OpenLens Short Film Competition. This event provides an opportunity for resident Oregon filmmakers to showcase their short films of 15 minutes or less in a competitive event.
$500 - Best Of Festival Jury Award
$200 - Honorable Mention Jury Award
$100 - Audience Choice Award
ENTRY DEADLINE: 5PM FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
HOW TO ENTER:
- Download and complete an entry form (PDF).
- All entries are to be submitted on a DVD and clearly marked with name, contact information, video title, and length. Submit Two copies of your film.
- Please make out your $5 entry fee check or money order to: DIVA: OpenLens 2014
- Mail your entry entry form, 2 discs, and entry fee by 5PM Friday, December 6, 2013 to:
Post Office Box 10855
Eugene OR 97440
- Although we prefer that you mail-in your submission you may drop-off your entry during DIVA Gallery Hours.
- Include a SSAE for return of discs. No item returned without a stamped and self-addressed envelope,
- Categories include but are not limited to narrative, documentary, animation, and experimental.
- Entries are accepted only from resident Oregon filmmakers.
- Length: 15 minutes or LESS with films of 10 minutes or less preferred.
- Entries, regardless of the original format, must be transferred to DVD before being submitted. An Entrant must submit two high quality DVD's for screening purposes (Please: No Blue Ray Disc formats for 2014)
- Only ONE submission per filmmaker will be accepted.
- It is understood that each submitting artist is responsible for all copyright and permission clearances in his/her entry and that DIVA accepts no responsibility for copyright or permission infringement. Each entrant must be able to present completed permission forms upon request.
- DIVA requests the right to compile the submitted movies into a touring show for one year.
|THE FINE PRINT: By completing the entry form entrants understand that:
Only those films selected by the Judges will be screened during the festival. Artists will be notified as to whether or not their work has been accepted as part of the final program.
Each submitting artist is responsible for all copyright and permission clearance in his/her entry and that DIVA accepts no responsibility for copyright or permission infringement. Each entrant must be able to present completed permission forms upon request.
- DIVA retains the right to screen, without limitation, all work accepted to the 2014 OpenLens Film Festival.
When such screenings are planned, the filmmaker will be informed within a reasonable amount of time,
and written permission will be requested either via email or in person. Such screenings are meant for the purpose of promotion and advertising the OpenLens Film Festival and not in any way meant to limit or restrict a filmmaker’s ability to submit and show at other film festivals.